IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Receiving XML file via HTTP Post stream Options · View
CleanCole05
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 1:18:35 PM

Hello, I installed the trial version of the MissionKit, FlowForce Server and MapForce Server last week and created a solution where I can take a cXML input file and convert it to a soap format and then call one of our webservices to process the soap call. The only problem I have is setting up a FlowForceServer job where I receive the file via HTTP Post as a stream. I can only make it work by setting up a triggerfile as Job input parameter and make the job available as a webservice. When I then go and enter the webservice URL in my local browser, I get a screen where I can input the location of the source xml file and then the service picks that file and processes it. How do I set the input parameter to receive the file via HTTP Post as a stream? Or what are the parameters I have to set in the HTTP Post? currently we use Content-Type text/xml for the transmission in our current environment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

FlowForceServer 2018, MapForce Server 2018, MapForce 2018 (installed right now all on a Windows 10 PC)
cnuk
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:36:03 PM

I ran into a similar issue when posting JSON data to the mapping exposed as the web service.
Click Insert tab, then Insert input as string -- map this to CXML/XML as 'Parse Strings to XML', hope this will work for your scenario.

See Island's screenshot here, in case it's not clear from above.

https://www.altova.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1100004556

You need to change the mapping and re-deploy the service as well to use new input.