IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

POSSIBLE? xsd Export to Excel Parent Child Relationships Options · View
ChrisOK
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 3:44:47 PM

HELP! Testing out the XMLSpy and not finding the ability to export out to Excel -- a list, table or whatever that shows the PARENT CHILD relationships of the content. There's many fab views within the app but I need to get these things out and into Excel to please the client on an ongoing basis..

Also need the ability to export out a list that shows all the Master Data and Reference Data objects.
Also need the ability to export out a view that shows the "commonality" between the two standards.
(The first item is of the most importance - but not sure if it or any of these needs are possible)-- hoping someone can help with how to accomplish!
Thanks, Chris (novice/new to this)
vlad
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 4:47:18 PM

Take a look at Altova MapForce
ChrisOK
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 10:43:47 PM

Ok, I've downloaded MAPFORCE and messed around with it for hours (along with XML Spy) to try to figure a way to generate a Parent Child Ouput for the client but still not finding a way --
Found a link that mentioned the following "TO or FROM" - but not finding a way to map TO or "generate documentation" TO Excel or Word to show the hierarchical levels.

Quote found on this page: https://www.altova.com/mapforce
MapForce includes support for mapping data based on the spreadsheet format for Microsoft® Excel 2007 and later versions, under the Office Open XML file format specification. MapForce supports Excel spreadsheets as mapping sources or targets, enabling you to take advantage of its powerful graphical interface for either data mapping to or from Excel files.

I've got a "W3C XML Schema .XSD file" that I'd like to extract a Parent Child list from -- and place it into an Excel or Word doc in an easy to read-understand format for the client.
They are wanting it in LIST for preferably --- a table that can be viewed and drilled down by hierarchical levels if possible...
I've also got a .DTD file available on the server but I've never worked with that before and am not sure if it's comparable for use or not... Assumed the XSD is the way to go --- hope someone knows of a way to achieve a hierarchical levels output?

Thanks!