IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Handing over Element-/Attribue-Name AND content into one input into a function Options · View
AlexRS
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:37:49 AM

Hey Boys and Girls,

how to handover the elementname or attributename AND the content of the element or attribute into a user-defined-funtion into ONE Input-field?

THX
that
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:29:22 AM

AlexRS wrote:
how to handover the elementname or attributename AND the content of the element or attribute into a user-defined-funtion into ONE Input-field?

This is possible when the user-defined function is defined as inline, because then the call and parameter components are eliminated by the inlining process before the actual mapping is evaluated.

What do you want to achieve?
AlexRS
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:54:28 PM

I´m trying to Map from one XML Schema to another XML Schema.

Not every Element/Attribute will be mapped to the Target-Schema.
-> For this situation, I want to write a Comment into my Target XML File. There should be written the Element/Attribute-Name and his content which is not mapped.

The best Way would be, to get an correct Log-File for this situation, but I don´t know exactly how to make it.
The Problem is, I have to map a ton of elements (>1000) and drop also a ton of elements (>1000) so I would like to use a simple Function to map my Elements which cannot be mapped to a Comment. A Log-File would be the best Way, but I don´t know how to deal with it.