IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

xml to pdf - is this the forum? Options · View
jloyzaga
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:45:35 PM

I have an xml output that is generated by an automation tool (UFT) and it uses a css file and some xslt files . I'm a total newbie with xml and am trying to modify the output html because the option to export to pdf is required by my client and the tool allows it but the output is not what my client wants.
Initially I jaust want to insert A page break to separate the summary and the details portions of the pdf file.
Am I correct in thinking StyleVision is the correct tool? Which version? Pro or Basic and will the online tutorials help me figure this out?

I'll attach the files

Any help /advice is appreciated

Joe

File Attachment(s):
PDetails.xsl (43kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
PDetails.xsl (43kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
PShort.xsl (11kb) downloaded 122 time(s).
Results.css (4kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
Results.xml (59kb) downloaded 161 time(s).

vlad
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:09:57 AM

Yes, StyleVision is a correct tool, but not for manual editing of your files. You will need to redesign your transfer with StyleVision, then you have a freedom of doing all things you dream of for PDF, Word, and HTML
jloyzaga
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:25:06 AM

vlad wrote:
Yes, StyleVision is a correct tool, but not for manual editing of your files. You will need to redesign your transfer with StyleVision, then you have a freedom of doing all things you dream of for PDF, Word, and HTML

I will need more guidance than that as I'm new to all this - can you help?
vlad
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:44:55 AM

Read documentation, review sample files, use free online training. No idea how to help without learning the product