IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XSD to SQL Tables Options · View
chen@segment.co.il
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:23:30 PM

Hi
I have my XSD.
I am trying to convert it to tables, but the SQL code generated, does not include any key for the tables.
For example:

Purchase Order is the parent node. It has it's on attributes\fields.
It also has sequence of Line Items (which also as it's own attributes\fields)

When convert it to sql - the Line Items table doesn't include any reference to the parent (PO) table.

chen@segment.co.il attached the following image(s):
Untitled.jpg

K101
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 8:53:11 AM

If the XML Schema from which the DB structure is generated has relationships defined in the form of identity constraints, then these relationships are automatically created in the generated DB structure and displayed in the Table Structure. Tables with relationships are listed under the sections: Tables with ForeignKeys and Tables used by ForeignKeys. Tables without relationships are listed in the Independent Tables section.

If the schema does not have relationships defined, then you, you can create and modify table relationships in the Relationships tab. The tab lists all possible primary-key/foreign-key relationships.

Please refer to the XMLSpy documentation on the Create DB Structure from XML Schema command for more.
chen@segment.co.il
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 6:15:32 AM

thanks!