IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

<xsl:when test=> fails to execute Options · View
whambly@xslt
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 6:00:48 AM

Hi,
<xsl:when test="$XML/inteflow/application_details/id_product_credit=&apos;CREDIT&apos;"> fails to execute.
I have an XSLT generated in StyleVision as xslt -> fo.
In my application there are 4 screen sets (different paths for users).
In 2 of them the generated xslt works fine.
In the other 2, the test statement (above) is being ignored. Although the required PDF is generated, it has certain text missing.
Any ideas please?
island
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:13:41 AM

HI,

the xml file that you attached cannot be downloaded. Please upload it again along with the xsd and sps file.

Also you mention that it works for 2 "screen sets" but not for 2 other "screen sets".

Outline the exact steps to reproduce both a successful transformation as well as an unsuccessful one so it is clear what the problem is.

whambly@xslt
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:05:40 AM

Hi Island,

Thanks for your response. I have attached a zip file with these items:

1. Screens.xml (the on-screen application)
2. CPS_dummy__Credit.pre - Copy.xslt (which generates the dynamic PDF)
3. 2 XML files which the XSLT has used in creating the output PDF's
4. 2 resultant PDF's as samples.

If you wish to edit the Screens.xml in say Altova XMLSPY you can see the 4 screens sets, to give you the idea.
On our system, the browser renders the screens (from Screens.xml) which is the user application.
There are 4 paths, 2 for Australian users & 2 for NZ.
When NZ users submit an application, the output PDF is correct.
In the AU paths, the PDF is missing some output. It seems to not "see" the xml node element $XML/inteflow/application_details/id_product_credit = 'CREDIT'

Any help much appreciated.

File Attachment(s):
xslt_pdf(2).zip (29kb) downloaded 361 time(s).

island
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:27:16 AM

Your sps makes reference to the following files, all of which have not been provided:

a) "CHEPPALLECON Application Schema.xsd"
b) "Application_AU_DE1-8D40315C2362309-50_1156469878080.xml"
c) "Inteflow - PDF Functions.xslt"
d) "Styles.css"

I will assume that c) and d) are not necessary to reproduce the problem and have thus removed them from the design. I will also assume that I do not need b) because you have provided two other files:

Application_DE1-8D403139E808888-4F_1545288814394.xml

Application_DE1-8D403443DC4B119-21_1722371200132.xml

As the ".xsd" file wasn't provided (as requested in my inital response) I autogenerated an xsd (test.xsd) from the file "Application_DE1-8D403443DC4B119-21_1722371200132.xml" (because this is the xml file in which the element inteflow/application_details/id_product_credit has the value 'CREDIT').

When I switched to the output preview the output was the following (which I assume is what you are expecting):

This Account Application shall be in respect of CPS PTY LTD, (ABN Australia) and its associated and related companies (all of which are referred to hereafter as “CPS”)

This Account Application shall be in respect of CPS PTY LTD, (ABN Australia) and its associated and related companies (all of which are referred to hereafter as “CPS”)

In short I have not been able to reproduce your situation.

I can only guess that "Application_DE1-8D403443DC4B119-21_1722371200132.xml" is invalid according to "CHEPPALLECON Application Schema.xsd" and perhaps this is why you are not getting the expected results, however without actually seeing the schema file this is merely a guess....

File Attachment(s):
test.zip (9kb) downloaded 311 time(s).

island attached the following image(s):
design.png
output.png