IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Transformation using XML Options · View
michel777
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:05:25 PM

Hi,

we need for a transformation an XML object (holding certain values for the transformation) between input and output.

How to model it ? How to put an XML (not an XSD) on the map ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Michel
K101
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:24:49 AM

Sounds like you want to create a XSLT transformation. Are you using MapForce? If you insert an XML component into a MapForce mapping, and choose an XML instance (rather than an XML schema or DTD), MapForce will offer to generate either a schema or a DTD for you.
michel777
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:40:39 AM

Hi K101,

thanks a lot for your effort. Yes, I know and that is the problem. I want put an XML on the map, not an XSD. Reason: i have to set several elements with concrete values. Those elements are subset the elements of origin XSD. I can do it with 30 constants, but is not very readable.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,

Michel
K101
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:24:10 PM

michel777 wrote:
thanks a lot for your effort. Yes, I know and that is the problem. I want put an XML on the map, not an XSD. Reason: i have to set several elements with concrete values. Those elements are subset the elements of origin XSD. I can do it with 30 constants, but is not very readable.

An XML component in MapForce requires the structure, and that's represented either by a schema or DTD. It can't be represented by an instance alone.

When you have static values to insert into a mapping, yes, you can use constants, or you can use another file (text, XML, etc.) or a database.

If it's just the visual appearance of 30 constants in your mapping, remember that you can enclose all thirty constants into a User-Defined Function (UDF).