Now Available: MobileTogether 1.4 with Support for Geolocation, Android 5, iOS 8, and Much More
We are pleased announce version 1.4 of MobileTogether, Altova’s multi-platform mobile development framework that empowers organizations of any size to quickly design and deploy custom enterprise mobile solutions that are accessible on any mobile device.
Coming just weeks after the initial product launch, MobileTogether 1.4 adds these new features:
* Geolocation functionality: MobileTogether 1.4 includes full support for geolocation, empowering users to build complete location-based mobile business workflows that track delivery and pickup, assign or track work in various locations, or implement any other transportation-based application.
* Android Version 5.0: MobileTogether 1.4 supports the recently released Android 5.0. Developers building with MobileTogether can quickly create mobile solutions to run natively on Android 5.0 with backward and cross-platform compatibility. Building in-house app solutions in MobileTogether ensures that any incompatibilities introduced by mobile OS upgrades such as from Android 4.x to 5.0 do not require any coding changes in their solutions. Instead, MobileTogether provides one consistent and unified cross-platform environment through the MobileTogether Client Apps supporting all major platforms.
* XPath/XQuery 3.1 is the latest revision to the XQuery language and adds support for important new features including data maps, arrays, data in the JSON format, and more, allowing MobileTogether solutions to more easily consume data from a wider variety of external sources.
* String localization support allows developers to create a single version of a solution with translations for various languages. Localization support has been enhanced in this version of MobileTogether with support for a new function that can be used in XPath expressions, for instance to display text in a message box in the correct language.
* iOS 7/8 rendering has been added to the simulator window in MobileTogether Designer to provide a more accurate representation of the solution as it will appear on the iOS client device.
* And more – for more details and a complete list of all of the new features included in version 1.4, check out: www.altova.com/whatsnew_mobiletogether.html .
If you would like to download the free MobileTogether Designer to get started creating your first enterprise mobile solution, visit: www.altova.com/mobiletogether