Version 2024 of Altova Software introduces brand new AI Assistants in multiple products as well as long-awaited support for PDF data integration in MapForce. Other features include Markdown editing support, split output preview for business report creation, support for new XBRL standards, and much more.
Let’s take a look at the highlights.
AI Assistant in XMLSpy
XMLSpy now includes an AI Assistant for harnessing the power of ChatGPT directly inside the XML and JSON editor.
AI integration in XMLSpy immediately boosts productivity for XML and JSON development tasks by generating schemas, instance documents, and sample data based on natural language prompts. The AI Assistant can also generate XSL, XPath, and XQuery code.
Sample prompts include:
- Create an XSD for storing human resources data
- Create an XML file with example financial transactions
- Create a sample JSON instance for the active schema file
- Create an XSL transformation that lists all root elements from the active XML file
- And so on – the possibilities are endless
Generated code can be copied, opened in a new document, or sent to the XPath/XQuery window for further review and refinement.
This AI integration lets XMLSpy developers stay on the cutting edge of technology to accelerate development and efficiency, opening doors to increased innovation.
To get started with AI integration in XMLSpy, simply enter your OpenAI key once using the AI Assistant dialog in the Window menu.
MapForce PDF Extractor
One of the most requested MapForce features is now being introduced in Version 2024: Support for PDF input. The new MapForce PDF Extractor finally makes the massive volumes of business data locked in PDFs available for data mapping, data integration, and ETL processes.
The MapForce PDF Extractor is an easy-to-use utility that allows you to quickly define the structure of a PDF document and extract data from it. Then, that PDF data can be accessed for further transformation and conversion to other formats such as XML, JSON, databases, Excel, and so on, in MapForce.
The MapForce PDF Extractor will be an invaluable tool for MapForce users. Its easy-to-use, straightforward design makes quick work of defining PDF document structure in a visual way, using point-and-click and drag-and-drop functionality. At last, the vast volumes of data previously locked in PDFs is available for mapping to other formats.
DatabaseSpy AI Assistant
The DatabaseSpy multi-database tool and SQL editor also includes AI integration starting with version 2024. Once you enter your OpenAI key, you will have access to:
- AI Chat Dialog: use ChatGPT integration to create sample SQL statements, create sample data for a given table structure, create relations between tables that have no keys yet, and so on. Once you send a request and receive the response, you can copy and paste the returned SQL into an existing file or create a new SQL file with the response.
- AI Assistant: extensions in the SQL Editor menu let you use AI to explain, pretty print, and complete SQL statements
This new, built-in AI functionality in DatabaseSpy will increase productivity and accelerate learning when designing and developing queries or otherwise working with the data from relational databases.
More Version 2024 Features
These are just a few highlights of the new features available in Version 2024 for keeping developers and database pros up-to-speed with the latest technology and productivity enhancements. Learn more about all the new features being announced and upgrade your software to the latest version.