Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] is it possible to resize an image to display smaller than

From: David Ryan <dgdunk@-----.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 4/2/2012 3:13:00 PM
Thank you.  I've not tried the scaling yet as I can't get the image to
display.  I keep getting:

Apr 2, 2012 10:05:14 AM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind
SEVERE: Image not available: No ImagePreloader found for

Here is the line in the xml: (which the image changes w/ every new xml).

<photo>/RPT/0000718.jpg</photo>

and here is the xsl:

<fo:external-graphic src="'url({photo})'"/>

Many thanks for the replys and my apologies as I am trying to learn
this "on the fly" unfortunately.

David

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM, davep <davep@d...> wrote:
> On 31/03/12 14:39, David Ryan wrote:
>>
>> I changed the xsl to use your suggestion:
>>
>>  <fo:external-graphic src="file:{/data/Photo}"/>
>>
>> but when I run it, it doesn't find the image file saying Image not
>> available.  I confirmed the image is in the referenced location.  any
>> ideas?
>

> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_external-graphic
>
> try
> <fo:external-graphic src="url(file.jpg)" />
> If you can, make the file relative rather than absolute and
> don't have spaces in path or filenames.
>

> Two attributes useful for scaling are
> content-height="3" scaling="uniform"
> or content-width