Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Nordic Characters in variables

From: <trond.huso@---.-->
To: <xsl-list@-----.------------.--->
Date: 1/16/2012 10:08:00 AM
Sorry about this:
What I am doing is this:
<xsl:variable name="filename">
            <xsl:value-of select="//filename"/>
        </xsl:variable>

Where the //filename points to:
<filename>RES_FÆ_20110924_084810</filename>

Error I am getting is:
2012-01-16 09:55:57: An Exception has occured: 'file:///j:/NTB-Normalizer/xml/Travresultater/RES_Ø_20101015_095157.xml' is not a valid windows path or URI. at xsl:variable
J:\NTB-Normalizer\xslt\Travdata\Travdata.xsl
Line 13, Character 10

2012-01-16 09:55:57:    at Altova.AltovaXML.XSLT2Class.ExecuteAndGetResultAsString()
   at NTBNormalizer.NTBConverter.XSLAltovaConverter(String fileXSL, FileInfo fileXML, ArrayList dirOutput, ArrayList arrFileEncoding, String strOutputDocType) in C:\Visual Studio Projects\Visual Studio 2008\NTBNormalizer\NTBNormalizer\Converter.cs:line 290
2012-01-16 09:55:57: Moving file to J:\NTB-Normalizer\error

It does not create this error when I am parsing/converting files that does not have Nordic characters.

As said in the initial mail: I can do this quick'n dirty by creating my own filename, but I kind of does not want to do that as I (or someone else) might have to get in touch with the originator of the file and therefor it is a good thing to tell them which file we have problems with.

Trond Husø