Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] convert XML to NFC

From: Kenneth Reid Beesley <krbeesley@-----.--->
To: xslt <xsl-list@-----.------------.--->
Date: 4/27/2011 4:06:00 PM
I've got a valid XML file, in UTF-8, and I simply want to create a version
of the same file that is guaranteed to be UTF-8 with NFC normalization.
Text in elements and in attribute values should all be UTF-8 NFC in
the resulting file.

Is there an easy way to do this?  For XSLT I normally use Saxon.  Is there some
command-line utility like iconv that does normalization?, e.g. something like

inorm  -encoding UTF-8  -norm NFC   infile.xml > outfile.xml

Thanks,

Ken

Kenneth R. Beesley, D.Phil.
P.O. Box 540475