Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Using XSLT to do a search & replace

From: Brandon Ibach <brandon.ibach@---------------.--->
To: xsl-list <xsl-list@-----.------------.--->
Date: 4/21/2011 6:18:00 PM
This sounds like something that would be easy to do with an XSLT
identity transform with a template for each pattern that needs to be
replaced with something else.

However, I don't quite understand the meaning of your examples.  What
do the square brackets mean?  Can you provide a short sample of input
and the corresponding output?

-Brandon :)

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Bubba O'Reily <killswi7ch1@l...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a XML file that I want to transform. I want to be able to do a
> search & replace on elements in the XML and replace them. For example:
>
> Replace <para> with [ParaStyle:para]
> Replace <text> with [ParaStyle:text]
>
> etc...
>
> I would like to have all the search & replace in one file which is
> called or imported by the main script. Does something like this already
> exist? I've been searching the internet but can't find a nice example.
> --~--

--~--