Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Processing two documents, which order?

From: Dave Pawson <davep@-------.--.-->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 4/9/2011 4:48:00 PM
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:55:32 -0400
Liam R E Quin <liam@w...> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 08:20 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>
> > I want to say any lc character, AND not( : | -)
>
> since : and - are not lowercase characters, just "any lowercase
> letter" would work... or by AND do you mean "followed by"?
>
> > <xsl:analyze-string select="." regex="[a-z][a-z\--\-\-:]+">
> > works. But I don't know how.
>
> [a-z] is a lower case letter (in ASCII...)
> [a-z \- - \:] allows any character in two ranges:
> (1) a .. z
> (2) - .. :
> using the default collation/sorting sequence, this gives (consulting
> an ASCII or Unicode chart)
> - . / 0123456789 :

I.e. all allowed?
[14]   	posCharGroup	   ::=   	( charRange |
charClassEsc )+

> This therefore matches pastry:36-little-pigs but not flat:pan_cake
> >
> > [a-z-[p]] excepts p from the range a-z
> > Is this connected with my misunderstanding?
>
> It might be, but there are no nested square brackets in your example.
> The stylesheet you appended had the range --- in it, rather than --:
> by the way.

Yet it appears to work as an 'exception' i.e. a negCharGroup?
 (see http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#charcter-classes

[16]   	charClassSub	   ::=   	( posCharGroup |
negCharGroup ) '-' charClassExpr

I think that the charClassExpr should be in brackets.

Still confused.

--

regards

--