Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] More on my problem with namespaces

From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@---.-->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 11/9/2010 4:28:00 PM
Nick Leaton wrote:
> Using Saxon, I get this error message going the second route.
>
> [Saxon-PE 9.2.0.6] Element type "calypso:value" must be followed by
> either attribute definitions, ">" or "/>"
> @see http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/trans/SaxonErrorCode.html#SXXP0003
>
> xslt as follows
>
> ===============
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>     xmlns:calypso="http://www.calypso.com/xml"
>     xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>     version="2.0">
>
>     <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
>
>     <xsl:template match="/">
>         <bonds>
>             <xsl:for-each select="//isin">
>             <bond>
>                 <calypso:secCode>
>                     <calypso:name>ISIN</calypso:name>
>                     <calypso:value xsi:type="ns3:string"
>                         xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

You need to delimit the start tag with '>', that is all i.e.

                     <calypso:value xsi:type="ns3:string"
                         xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
                         <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                     </calypso:value>

that way the error should be fixed. I am not sure you will achieve your
aim of having the namespace declared on each calypso:value element but
fix the other problem first.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/