Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Handling elements which is inside CDATA in input XML

From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@---.-->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 11/1/2010 12:55:00 PM
Ramkumar.V wrote:

> I need to remove the span tag which is inside the CDATA in input XML.
> Could anyone suggest me how to handle CDATA in XSLT Transform for the
> below?

>    <question><![CDATA[<span class="question">1. Biochemistry is based on
> the chemistry of which element?</span>]]></question>

Are you limited to XSLT 1.0 or can you use XSLT 2.0? Which XSLT
processor do you use?
And what format exactly is there inside the CDATA section, is that XML,
HTML, or what exactly? Is it ensured that '<' and '>' do only occur to
delimit tags you want to remove?

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/