Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] How to implement a sequence of sequences?

From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@-----.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 10/8/2010 8:25:00 PM
List of lists has been used in FXSL since 2001.

Of course, this has nothing to do with sequences:

<list>
 <el1/>
 <el2/>
 <sublist1>
  <el11/>
 <el12/>
 </sublist1>
</list>

One can wait for XPath 3.0 or implement an extension object that is a
single item in a sequence but has a method to provide the internal
(sub) sequence it keeps inside itself.

Of course, it is most probable that most or all (none) of the standard
functions on sequences will work directly with those two options.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@m...> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> My understanding is that in XSLT 2.0 there is no such thing as a sequence of sequences. Thus, this sequence:
>
>   ('red', (1, 2, 3), 'blue')
>
> is flattened into one sequence consisting of 5 items:
>
>   ('red', 1, 2, 3, 'blue')
>
> However, I really need sequences of sequences.
>
> What's the best way to implement sequences of sequences in XSLT 2.0?
>
> Has anyone already implemented some XSLT functions that provide sequences of sequences?
>
> /Roger

> --~--

--~--