Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?

From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@---.-->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 10/3/2010 1:18:00 PM
[x] cross solution wrote:

> So now i have to find the "Start" and "End" Tags in the value-of content (the content of <Data> is only an example).
> Based on this information i have to create a new element "<w:p>" (this works).
> But to create the </w:p> element doesn't work.

There is nothing like a <w:p> element or a </w:p> element in the data
XSLT operates on. It operates on a tree of nodes. That tree might be
created by parsing markup with start and end tags but when XSLT works on
data there are no start tags or end tags, there are only nodes.
And when you create output you also create a tree of nodes, you are not
creating tags. So xsl:element creates an element node in a result tree,
it does not create start or end tags.

You might want to show us a sample of the input you have and the
corresponding output you want to create with XSLT 1.0, then we can try
to suggest an XSLT way of achieving that.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

--~--