Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Grouping adjacent elements by value - within a range

From: Michael Kay <mike@--------.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 8/13/2010 11:53:00 AM
It's not clear to me whether a period goes in the same group as the
previous element if (a) its price is within £20 of the price of the
previous period, or (b) its price is within £20 of the price of the
first period in the group, or (c) its price is within £20 of every other
period within the group. Assuming (c) which seems the most plausible, I
think you need to do this by sibling recursion rather than by
xsl:for-each-group. Here's an example of the idea, there are plenty of
others you can find by googling:

http://internal.rhaptos.org/devblog/cbearden/2009.07.12-2010

The difference is how to test whether the next item belongs in the same
group: typically you'll pass along parameters containing the minimum and
maximum price of items in the group, and either add the next item to the
group or start a new group depending how the price of the next item
compares with these two values.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

--~--