Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] character map "range" in XSLT

From: "steve.majewski@-----.---" <-----.--------@-----.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 5/12/2010 7:06:00 PM
On May 12, 2010, at 2:56 PM, David wrote:

> Thanks, but I dont see anything in the man page for iconv thats me
> specify a range of invalid  and a substitution string for them.

The invalid range is determined by the destination encoding. Use:  '-t
US-ASCII'

        --unicode-subst=formatstring
               When  this  option  is  given, Unicode characters that
cannot be
               represented in the target encoding are replaced  with
a  place-
               holder  string  that is constructed from the given
formatstring,
               applied to the Unicode code point. The formatstring
must  be  a
               format  string  in  the same format as for the printf
command or
               the printf() function, taking either no argument or
exactly  one
               unsigned integer argument.

Use that option: --unicode-subst='<UNKNOWN_CHARACTER>' to set the
replacement string.
( assuming unicode input )

-- Steve Majewski

--~--