Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] FW: failure notice

From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@---.-->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 3/18/2010 4:30:00 PM
Markus Karg wrote:
> In my XSL stylesheet I am loading data at runtime using
>
> document('xyz.xml')
>
> inside of INNER.xsl, which itself is included by OUTER.xsl, which in
> turn is processed by a Java application (JAXP)
>
> When processing the stylesheet using the XALAN found in Java RE
> 1.6.0_17, this effectively loads from 'path-of-INNER.xsl/xyz.xml', while
> XALAN 2.7.1 effectively loads from
> 'current-working-dir-of-CALLING-PROCESS/xyz.xml' (not even
> 'path-of-OUTER.xsl/xyz.xml', which I could understand).
>
> So my question is: Which of both processors is doing a fault here? How
> to make XALAN 2.7.1 load from either path-of-INNER.xsl or
> path-of-OUTER.xsl instead from current-working-dir-of-CALLING-PROCESS?

Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document a relative URI should be
resolved to the base URI of the node the "document()" call is in, if no
second argument is passed in.
So that looks as if Xalan 2.7.1 is wrong.
As for trying to make it resolve the URI differently, try
   document('xyz.xml', document(''))

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/