Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] import, xslt 2.1

From: Dave Pawson <davep@-------.--.-->
To: David Carlisle <davidc@---.--.-->
Date: 3/12/2010 12:56:00 PM
On 12/03/10 12:06, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 12/03/2010 11:09, Dave Pawson wrote:
>>
>> Any reason this shouldn't be an avt?
>
> It would have to be a very severely constrained avt, like use-when
> normally an avt has access to the all variables, functions etc that are
> defined in the stylesheet, but xsl:import needs to be resolved before
> the stylesheet can be compiled (or at least before it can be assembled
> from precompiled bits)
>
> What would values would you want the expression to depend on?
>
> input parameters to the stylesheet?
> values in the source?
> baase-uri of the importing stylesheet?
> something else?
>
> David

  input parameters to the stylesheet?  Very useful
  values in the source?                Less so IMHO
  baase-uri of the importing stylesheet? If I can do that, I can simply
say ../../xxx.xsl, so less useful
  something else?.  A combination of $param and literal?

So if it's a configuration issue, restricting it
to a combination of input param and literal would be sufficient I think

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.