Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] using name() to generate a tag dynamically in xsl output -

From: mark bordelon <markcbordelon@-----.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 2/26/2010 9:25:00 PM
I was not clear. And I should have posted some xml, so here it is:

<text>
   <line id="1" s_len="2.8">
      <word id="1">Thou</word>
      <word id="2">still</word>
      <word id="3">unravish'd</word>
      <word id="4">bride</word>
      <word id="5">of</word>
      <word id="6">quietness</word>,
   </line>
   <clause id="2" s_len="2.4">
      <word id="7">The</word>
      <word id="8">quick</word>-
      <word id="9">brown</word>
      <word id="10">fox</word>
      <word id="11">jumped</word>
      <word id="12">over</word>
      <word id="13">lazy</word>
      <word id="14">dog</word>,
    </clause>
</text>

I want a the xpath which would work in a template match to get the parent node of <word>, no matter what it is, whose @s_len attribute is less than 2.5 seconds.

The template will then compose an element for output, using the tagname of that parent of <word> which met that condition.

This works:
<xsl:template match="clause[@s_len&lt;2.5] | line[@s_len&lt;2.5]">
<xsl:element name="{name()}">
	<xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="@id" /></xsl:attribute>
</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

As I said, I cannot seem to use any axis or axis-like expression, so matches like the following give an error in Altova Spy:
match="word/parent::*[@s_len&lt;2.5]"
match="word/../*[@s_len&lt;2.5]"

I have tried your suggestions and no node is returned, but I think I was not clear in what I needed.