Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] How to calculate column number of the entry?

From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@-----.--->
To: xsl-list@-----.------------.---
Date: 5/28/2009 3:14:00 AM
Toshihiko Makita wrote:
> I am developing DocBook table to XSL-FO stylesheet. It is not
> specialized for specific user use. It should be a general stylesheet.

Wow... you are taking on by far the most complicated kind of markup in
DocBook.

I would very, very strongly recommend using the DocBook XSL stylesheets
as a starting point.  Even if you don’t use any of their
transformations, there is a large library of utility functions contained
in them for doing things like figuring out table cell column numbers,
alignment, etc.

~Chris
“All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
 And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.” — Laura Nyro
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319

--~--