Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Still thinking to object oriented...

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 9/29/2008 1:02:00 PM
> I want to search for all nodes which for this example contain the
> phrase "to_search" and than i want to ascend from the found node
> accross the ancestor-or-self axis to output every parent but in the
> order as they appear in the xml sourc

well that sounds like

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template match="/">
:
<xsl:value-of
    select="//*[descendant-or-self::*[contains(name(),'to_search')]]/name()"
    separator="&#10;"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

but that doesn't produce your requested output, it produces

$ saxon9 nodesearch.xml nodesearch.xsl
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
:
node_a
node_c
node_d
node_c
node_e
node_c
node_i
node_c
node_l
node_c
node_v
node_d
node_c
node_q
node_c
node_d
node_u
node_c
node_l
node_c
node_d
node_c
node_l
node_c
node_i
node_to_search_1
node_c
node_s
node_c
node_d
node_c
node_to_search_2

you requested node_b but that has no descendant "search" node so I
don't see why it should be output?

David