Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] xslt function

From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@--------->
Date: 9/9/2008 7:18:00 AM
With XSLT 2.0, this is available natively.

Here is one example taken from Saxon docs

<xsl:function name="my:factorial" as="xs:integer">
<xsl:param name="number" as="xs:integer"/>
<xsl:sequence
            select="if ($number=0) then 1 else $number *
my:factorial($number-1)"/>

With XSLT 1.0 (and also 2.0), you can use named templates to simulate
what functions need to do.

With XSLT 2.0, you will get much better data typing than XSLT 1.0.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi