Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] selecting elements by attributes when working with namespaces

From: Joelle Tegwen <tegwe002@------->
Date: 7/21/2008 9:13:00 PM
I've been working with xsl for a while but I'm very new to namespaces.
I'm sure this is rather simple in namespace-land but I can't seem to
successfully google an answer for this.

The document I've got is a caption file for a flash movie. (Timed Text
(TT) Authoring Format  http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/)

We're using this to generate a transcript of the movie. (I would have
thought someone else would have already done this too but I couldn't
find that either.) However, I'd like to make the stylesheet relatively
generic so that it can be used for many files.

Breifly, the xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<tt xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2006/04/ttaf1"
xmlns:tts="http://www.w3.org/2006/04/ttaf1#styling" xml:lang="en">

   <head> <!-- omitted for brevity-->

   </head>

deal to</p>

for people</p>

developmental</p>

regimented. It&#39;s not</p>

in charge who tells</p>

There&#39;s, I don&#39;t know,</p>

people, each of</p>

that they&#39;re</p>

</tt>

I want:

           <dl>

               <dt>Robert Bruininks</dt>

               <dd> I founded ICI, primarily out of a belief that the
University and its people had a great deal to offer to the development
of services

                   for people with disabilities in our society.

                   </dd>

               <dt>Sue Swenson</dt>

               <dd> The Institute on Community Integration has a unique
strength in being seen as having more understanding of how community

                   programs work for folks with intellectual
disabilities and developmental disabilities. It's not real regimented.
It's not like

                   there's, you know, some guy in charge who tells
everybody else what to do. There's, I don't know, a hundred and fifty,
couple hundred

                   people, each of whom are exploring some of the ideas
that they're really interested in.

                   </dd>

           </dl>

Which I've gotten.

However. I want to allow for another ttf document to have other kinds of
spans and to be able to do something else (pass them on, ignore them,
whatever)

So I would like to have a selector on my span template

I currently have this (modified for brevity):

   <xsl:template match="tt:span">

       <xsl:if test="count(../preceding-sibling::*)>0">

           <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/dd&gt;</xsl:text>

       </xsl:if>

       <dt>

           <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>

       </dt>

       <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;dd&gt;</xsl:text>

   </xsl:template>

I would like to have

   <xsl:template match="tt:span[@class='defaultSpeaker']">

       <xsl:if test="count(../preceding-sibling::*)>0">

           <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/dd&gt;</xsl:text>

       </xsl:if>

       <dt>

           <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="."/>

       </dt>

       <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;dd&gt;</xsl:text>

   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="tt:span">

<!-- do something else -->

   </xsl:template>

but when I do that the selector doesn't work. How do I do this very
simple filter?

Thanks
Joelle