Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Empty input in analyze-string

From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@----------->
Date: 7/4/2008 1:31:00 PM
Seems to me that the empty string doesn't match or mismatch:

<data>
 <para>C.1</para>
 <para>F.1</para>
 <para></para>
 <para>H.1</para>
 <para>F.2</para>
</data>

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

 <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

 <xsl:template match="/">

   <xsl:variable name="myregex">^([CF]\.[0-9\.]+)\s*(.*)$</xsl:variable>

   <output>

     <xsl:for-each select="data/para">

       <input><xsl:value-of select="."/></input>

       <xsl:analyze-string select="." regex="{$myregex}">

         <xsl:matching-substring>

           <match>

             <xsl:value-of select="."/>

           </match>