Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@-------->
Date: 6/27/2008 3:24:00 PM
I mean a language, to be used on the server side on web servers, that
can talk to the database, the file system, and other protocols, and
dynamically assemble an HTML or XML view of a requested page to be
delivered to the client. "Bad" or not, this is a reality that nearly
EVERY web developer has to deal with frequently, and my question still
stands. :)

Also, I don't claim to know why you think preprocessors are "just bad",
but just because many of the current implementations are ugly doesn't
make the idea flawed.

~ Scott