Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] current-dateTime()

From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@--------->
Date: 4/18/2008 2:52:00 PM
Robert Koberg wrote:
You could make a call with the document function (in a non-functional
way :) ) to a back end that uses a custom uri resolver that, when
receives a certain href, logs/writes the /real/ current-dateTime and
returns <nothing/>.

That is not as trivial as you point out (I'm sorry, I only read this
after my first post in this thread). The document() function, when
called with the same arguments, must guarantee that the result is the
same between calls. That means that this *real* date/time you are
talking about will only be the real time once. Unless you use the
technique I described earlier.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma