Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Table type output in text fromat in a xml file

From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@-------->
Date: 12/27/2007 1:00:00 AM
Same idea, different stylesheet layout:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="html"/>
	<xsl:template match="test">
			<xsl:apply-templates select="testcase[1]"
mode="header"/>
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="testcase" mode="header">
			<xsl:apply-templates select="@*" mode="header"/>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="testcase/@*" mode="header">
		<th>
			<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
		</th>
			<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="testcase/@*">
			<xsl:value-of select="."/>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

If you're just using the stylesheet once or twice for a small dataset
that won't change much over time, Alice's stylesheet is a shorter and
easier to implement. If you're going to be doing more with it and plan
to change it over time, a stylesheet like the one above will be easier
to change and maintain.

~ Scott