Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Filtering new tags using XSL

From: Buddhi Dananjaya <buddhi@------------------->
Date: 9/14/2007 4:07:00 AM
Hi,

Even XSLT is ok. I can transform and get the newly added tags.

- Buddhi -

Mukul Gandhi wrote:
I still think (even if <data> elements have unique 'name' attributes),
that with current Schema, your problem is impossible to solve.

One way I can think is; you can maintain history of the XML files (a
source control system will be useful) and then can compare the current
XML file with the previous version (you can also use XSLT for this).

On 9/14/07, Buddhi Dananjaya <buddhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I think you can remember my query, about filtering new tags using XSL...
:-)

I am really sorry, I forgot to mention one point in my last mail. All
<data> blocks has *unique* 'name' as attribute on <data> element.

new <data> blocks customer will add here and there on the xml doc but
those are with new 'name' attributes. (<value> and <comment> blocks will
also different most of the time, can't exactly say that they are unique)

I think now you can address my question.

(Please find my earlier question below to get clear understanding what I
want to do)

Thank you all...