Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Appending to existing file

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@------------>
Date: 7/17/2007 5:44:00 PM
> Would it not be possible to use the fragment to specify the
> order, and have the resolver return a StreamResult which
> forwarded all data to a 'master' object, and have that object
> handle writing the file?
> If not, I'd be interested to know why...

Sure, if you want to protect against all eventualities, you can assemble the
fragments in the order implied by their names, rather than the order in
which they hit the OutputURIResolver. I'm just saying that in practice I'd
be surprised if the order is different from the natural order, for the
reasons stated.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/