Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Looking Not Working for No Obvious Reason

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@------------>
Date: 6/20/2007 6:48:00 PM
Can't see anything wrong with the code, I think you need to supply a
reproducible case where it doesn't work.

Your xsl:choose could be replaced by the rather more concise:

<xsl:sequence select="($sectionTitleMap/map/item[longtitle =
$sectionBaseTitle]/shorttitle, $sectionBaseTitle)[1]"/>

and if the lookup list is lengthy you could improve performance using keys
(though Saxon-SA will do this for you automatically).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/