Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@--------->
Date: 4/18/2007 12:33:00 PM
The huge traffic we see on this list, with questions asked by people
seeking help on their live projects, is a testament that XSLT is used
a lot in industry.

One other point I can think is - today enormous amount of data exist
in XML format, which is growing by huge proportions every day. There
is lot of use of XSL-FO these days to transform XML into PDF. This
employs XSLT.

So XSLT is definitely important in IT architect's toolkit.

On 4/16/07, Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My colleagues and I often have discussions about which technologies to
use to solve different business needs.  Since I am a huge XSLT fan,
they know I have a bias for this technology, and they are always, no
let me express this properly, they are ALWAYS giving me a hard time
for it.
Well, in a recent conversation about technologies, one of them goes
for the kill and throws out this doozy:

   I can just sum it up for you:
   <xsl:apply-templates select="DeadTechnology" />

So, is XSLT dead?  I guess to put things into context a bit; does the
rule which MS has over so many developers, the drag and drop GUI
designer and ready made solutions in a box, does this suggest that
XSLT is a dying technology?

Karl..

--
Regards,