Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Applying Attributes with Grouping Method

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@------------>
Date: 3/21/2007 5:13:00 PM
> I'm having a problem with grouping using attributes and I'm
> tired of banging my head against the wall.  I'm using Saxon V8.5.

If you're using Saxon 8.x (the latest release is Saxon 8.9, by the way) then
you don't need Muenchian grouping, you can use xsl:for-each-group, which is
much simpler.

> I've found part of my answer to my original grouping question
> in the FAQ section and got that to work, however, I'm still
> not getting my desired output.

No-one can tell you where you went wrong unless you show us your code.

> My desired output is this:
>
> <report>
> 	<item part="W1123" quantity="3" val="Part_A" name="P21,P22,P23"
> />
> 	<item part="W1144" quantity="1" val="Part_B" name="J31" />
> 	<item part="W1145" quantity="1" val="Part_C" name="J32"
> /> </report>

Try

<xsl:for-each-group select="conn" group-by="part">
  <item part="{@part} val="{property/@val}
     quantity="{count(current-group())}"
     name="{string-join(current-group()/@name, ',')}"/>
</xsl:for-each-group>