Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation

From: Owen Rees <owen.rees@------>
Date: 2/16/2007 4:14:00 PM
--On Friday, February 16, 2007 13:51:15 +0000 John Steel wrote:

Owen Rees wrote:

[...] Your top
level element should start with something like this:

Oh man, well even though this is like pulling teeth I'm hoping others wo
do the same will benefit :-)
When I make the change you suggest, all my xml tags appear in the source
of the page literally as though my stylesheet wasn't used.

Perhaps it was not clear but I was referring to the output from the
transform when I referred to the top level element. In order to be XHTML,
the elements must be in the correct namespace, and your transform must put
them in that namespace if they are not already in that namespace in the
input.

I think it would help to separate the problems of generating correct XHTML
and delivering it to the browser. Small but complete sample input XML and
simplified but complete stylesheet would be useful for the generating
correct XHTML part.

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK