Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] XHTML templating (best method)

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 1/26/2007 10:32:00 AM
> By the way how do relative paths work in includes are they relative to
> the template with the include?

You can not have an xsl:include inside a template (your second example
is a syntax error).

> Are there any gotcha's in my reasoning below, other than that they both
> require creating a temporary file which would need a random filename.

sorry I didn't understand why you needed a temporary file here, or what
you mean by the [/FILE] syntax.

The usual way of sharing common features such as head and foot amongst
multiple stylesheets is you put teh common features in a common
stylesheet and each of the page-specific stylesheets import teh common
core (with the import being a top level instruction, not inside a
template)

David