Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO positioning inlines and blocks

From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@--------->
Date: 11/14/2006 10:12:00 AM
On 11/14/06, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't see why it should, tables are fine for tabular data which I think
this is as you ahve a number of fields with a heading and value.

I believe it's because you can achieve a tabular layout with CSS, but
then have a completely different layout for a different target using a
different CSS.  Once you use <td>'s to mark up your HTML your stuck
with tables.

I feel like I doing A Bad Thing and being lazy when I use an inline
style, not using tables is next on the list.