Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] looking for an attribute

From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@--------->
Date: 9/14/2006 11:37:00 AM
Hi Aaron,

You'll need to add (and know) what the context node is. Suppose the
following (expecting "navigation" to be your root node):

xml doc.

<xsl:template match="/">

      <xsl:if test="navigation/focusedTab[@name = 'Login']" >

      </xsl:if>

</xsl:template>

node:

<xsl:template match="/">

      <xsl:call-template name="scripts" />

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="scripts">

      <xsl:if test="navigation/focusedTab[@name = 'Login']" >

      </xsl:if>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-template select="navigation"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="navigation">
      <xsl:if test="focusedTab[@name = 'Login']" >
      </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

In short: once you know "where you are" in the document parse tree, or
in other words: are aware of the context node, you can find how your
XPath expression should be like.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Abel Braaksma
http://abelleba.metacarpus.com

Aaron Johnson wrote:
Appologies if this is a repeated request...

I have some xml...

<navigation>

        <focusedTab unremovable="true" immutable="true" ID="50"
name="Login"/>

        <inactiveTab unremovable="true" immutable="true" ID="38"
name="Home"/>

</navigation>

I would like to test if the focused tab has an attribute of "login" so
as to impliment a choose statement...

<xsl:template name="scripts">
    <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="?????'"> etc etc....