Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Eliminating leading zeros

From: "Mark Wilson" <drmark@--------------->
Date: 8/21/2006 1:35:00 PM
Thanks,

98% of my problem was solved by your suggestion. Actually, the full senerio
required some additional statements.

I put in a <xsl:if> test to determine whether the optional element
<sortedItem> was present or not present (this solved my first set of
problems), and if it was, I used an <xsl:choose> for <xsl:when> <sortedItem>
contained only digits (this solved my second set of problems) and
<xsl:otherwise> when it contained digits together with addition characters,
as in

<sortedItem>05 (supl.)</sortedItem>

Without the <xsl:otherwise>, a NaN was returned. Thus my third set of
problems, yet unsolved.

If  <xsl:value-of select="number(.)" /> renders properly when only digits
are present, what would the code look like to render

<sortedItem> 05 (supl.)</sortedItem>

as

<renderedItem> 5 (supl.)</renderedItem>

That is, removing the leading zero in this case.

The actual additional text in <sortedItem> may vary, but the digits always
come first and there is always a space after them. The text is usually,but
may not always be, (supl.).

Again, thanks for the first bit of help.
Mark