Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] xsl:analyze-string explanation needed

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 7/20/2006 1:59:00 PM
> are you saying that I should change the regex so that it matches the
> entire input string rather than the part I'm interested in,

yes
then there will only be one substring aafter the regex analysis, either
1 matching substring (the whole string) or one none matching substring.

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

<xsl:template name="main">
  <xsl:for-each select="(
			'3 minutes 57 seconds',
			'3 minutes',
			'5 seconds',
			'rubbish')">

:<xsl:value-of select="."/>
:::    <xsl:analyze-string select="." regex="([0-9]+) minutes.*$">
      <xsl:matching-substring>
	<xsl:value-of select="60 * xs:integer(regex-group(1))" />
      </xsl:matching-substring>
      <xsl:non-matching-substring>0</xsl:non-matching-substring>
    </xsl:analyze-string>

  </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>