Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] problem adding namespace node

From: "Majirus FANSI" <jmfansi@----------->
Date: 2/28/2006 4:58:00 PM
Hi ken,

thank you for replying.

I did try <xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($dummy)/*/namespace::p"/>.

But the situation remains the same. No namespace created. I have tried both
with xalan 2.6.0 and saxon 8. The result is the same: only <p:a/>, without
namespace declaration.

any other tips are welcome.

Regards,

Majirus

From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xsl] problem adding namespace node
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:28:25 -0500

At 2006-02-28 16:39 +0100, Majirus FANSI wrote:
Should anyone knows how to add a namespace to a node?
i have tried the following approach:
first, i create a dummy attribute;
<xsl:variable name="dummy">
 <xsl:element name="p:a" namespace="http://majirus.org"/>
</xsl:variable>
From an xml node <a>, i write the following instruction:
<a><xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($dummy)/*/namespace::*[2]"/><a>
but, as a result tree i have got only the <a/> element without namespace,

Perhaps because you are addressing the namespace by its position, which is
processor dependent ... you cannot rely on the order of namespace nodes.
This is something my students find hard to understand:  there *is* an
order, just that the stylesheet writer cannot rely on what the order is.

Did you try:

  <xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($dummy)/*/namespace::p"/>

I think it would be cleaner if you had in your stylesheet:

  <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:p="http://majirus.org">

then you could do:

  <xsl:copy-of select="document('')/*/namespace::p"/>

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc