Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Automatically generate xpath

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 1/31/2006 1:13:00 AM
>You showed me how to use union for two xpaths but how would I remove a node
> from a xpath?

you dont want to remove nodes from a xpath (which is an expression) but
from a node set (which is a value). So you are asking for set
difference: given two node sets $a and $b generate a set of nodes in $a
but not $b.

As I think someone showed earlier, in XPath2 this is

$a except $b

in XPath1 set difference isn't a standard operator but it's available
using the standard idiom:

$a[count(.|$b)!=count($b)]

David

http://www.star.net.uk