Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Getting expanded empty tag format

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 11/15/2005 6:25:00 PM
> Is there a way, in XSL (I'm currently using Saxon), to use the long
> format for an empty tag. So rather than:

If it's XHTML and you are using saxon8 then you can use xslt2's xhtml
output method.

Otherwise just make sure the element is non empty, eg add a space.

> It's just that an XForms processor I'm using is fine with the latter
> but doesn't like the former.

Er that would be broken behaviour as the XML spec places a clear
requiremnt on parsers to treat these the same way, so another solution
would be to report the bug and see if the XForms processor can be fixed.

David

http://www.star.net.uk