Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Update source.xml

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 11/17/2005 4:56:00 PM
> This question will sound stupid but is it possible to update the
> source.xml file directly? (from xsl).   Sorry, but I'm new to this
> stuff...

The model for xslt is that the input is unchanging (no instructions ever
change the source tree) so in most systems you can't update the soource
from within xslt. If you could it would be equivalent to first renaming
the source to a temporary file, then writing teh new tree into the
original location. that is you can't do "in place" updates just to part
of the file.

David

http://www.star.net.uk