Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Tricky inclusion match

From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@--------->
Date: 3/29/2005 4:36:00 PM
Thanks for the 2.0 spec.
I'm probably going down that route, with some more questions on data
aggregation... I need to summarize data based on the result of an
apply-templates.  Man, this is getting ugly... but I am faithful there
is a very realistic 1.0 solution!

So, let me ask the following question:
Use a variable to store the results of an apply-templates rule.  The
result is a new element which might look something like this:
<data>
  <value>1</value>
  <value>1</value>
</data>

How can I aggregate (sum) the above data element which is stored in a variable?

Karl