Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Not Node() but string onlye

From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <karl@-------------------->
Date: 1/8/2005 6:19:00 PM
What I'm after is the value of the text node when there are no child other
(what do you call these?) nodes... but, if there are child nodes, then I am
interested in the value of one of them, in my case, the value of the child
node defaultvalue.  Take this example then:

<mynode>A text Node</mynode>

<mynode>
    <node_a>could be anything</node_a>
    <node_b>could also be anything</node_b>
    <defaultvalue>this is what I want</defaultvalue>
</mynode>