Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Document function handling POST instead of GET

From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@------------------>
Date: 1/21/2005 6:16:00 PM

    Antsnio> I don't know if this is suitable for xsl-list, and if
    Antsnio> it's a question that make xsl sense.

    Antsnio> I can get some XML document using
    Antsnio> document('http://something/some.asp?aparam=xptm'). This
    Antsnio> is a HTTP GET method.

Why?

What is there to say that the document function must use the GET
method (or to put it another way, what is to say that it may not use
the POST method?) to retrieve the resource? I can't find anywhere that
specifies this.

So I think it should be legitimate for an XSLT processor to be able to
use the POST method instead. In which case, it might recognise a
user-defined data element to control the choice of method.

But how you could then supply data I don't know. So perhaps a custom
URI scheme would be the way to tackle this.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire