Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] no attributes outputed when chaining transformations

From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@--------------->
Date: 12/16/2004 11:57:00 AM
> Hello,
> maybe someone can shed some light on this one:
>
> If I follow the xalan Pipe or UseXMLFilters samples and chain
> together
> my transformations I do not get the same result as when I
> perform these
> transformations separately, i.e. If I do A -> B and then B->C  in two
> separate steps then I get my desired result. However If I do
> A->B->C by
> chaining I do not get the same result as above.
> Specifically when I use chaining I do not see any attributes, in any
> element that should have attributes. Other than that the results are
> identical.
>
> Can anyone think why this may happen? I can also post my
> input xml and
> xsl files if that would help.

Not much to go on here, but it could be that if you generating SAX
events from the result of A->B for the input of transformation C, you
are creating a new AttributesImpl() object instead of using the existing
object (typically 'atts') in the startElement() call.  It would be less
wild speculaton if you posted the method that chains the transforms :)

cheers
andrew